The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) follows the 2009 EMS Education Standards published by the US Department of Transportation and involves 555 hours of classroom and lab instruction; an extensive structured 270 hour in-hospital clinical component with experienced preceptors at various medical centers and a field internship with a high performance urban EMS agency.
Students successfully completing this program will be eligible for certification testing by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
The Paramedic program provides general instruction in all human body systems and advanced life support management for a wide range of conditions. 本课程内容包括:
- EMS Operations
The Emergency Medical Services-Paramedic program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
As reported to the Committee on Accreditation for the EMS Profession the 2021 Annual Report
NREMT Pass Rate
Successful completion of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Certification Examination is required to obtain 护理人员认证.
Affiliation or Employment with a licensed EMS Agency and approval of the Agency Operational Medical Director is required to practice as a Paramedic.
Upon completion, graduates with an associate’s degree in emergency medical services can typically seek in employment with:
- Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services is designed to prepare competent entry-level Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), 精神运动(技能), and affective (behavior) learning domains with or without exit points at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician and/or Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Responder levels.
The 盘点十大线上德州平台 University Emergency Medical Services (EMS) program is accredited by the Virginia Department of Health Office of Emergency Medical Services (www.vdh.virginia.gov /急救) upon the recommendation of Division of Accreditation, Certification and Education.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Emergency Medical Services is designed to provide the entry-level Paramedic with knowledge and experience which are expected to enable the graduate to:
- Exhibit behavior consistent with the standards of professional practice
- Adhere to the standards of professional practice within the legal, ethical and regulatory framework
- Utilize various methods of communication to effectively interact within the healthcare system
- Provide culturally competent care to a multicultural society
- Demonstrate technical competence in all skills required of practice
- 提供以证据为基础的, clinically competent care utilizing critical thinking and decision-making in the pre-hospital setting
- Utilize basic team leadership skills to ensure safety, 协调护理, delegate appropriately and solve problems to facilitate positive patient outcomes
- Demonstrate the characteristics of self-direction and accountability, 哪些有助于终身学习, both personally and within the profession
|Course ID||Course Name||Credits|
Visit the 盘点十大线上德州平台 大学目录 for the most current program information.